Best Practice is PartridgeGPs medical software of choice. It is awesome and a quantum leap above what we were using before and what we have used in the past. It’s the brainchild of Frank Pyefinch…hence the logo we see every day when we start up!
We would love to help make the best a little bit better – and so here is our wishlist for 2021 and Best Practice!
1. Please get BP Titanium up and running – I’ve been hanging out for anamorphic display and .net framework since 2017, it would be awesome for nursing home/remote work to have this
2. Allowing transfer of results to another practitioner with a note (hey dr X, I’ve looked at this and am passing it to you with the suggestion to do ABC – similar to some other medical software solutions)
3. Extending the above, allowing transfer of results to a nominated dr while on leave. GPs frequently have to check incoming test results and correspondence for colleagues who are away. In the rush of daily consulting, it can be diffcult to remember to do this. Currently GPs use workarounds, including adding reminder notes to their lists of appointments or other types of manually-created prompts (thanks again to Dr Oliver Frank).
4. Allow ordering of results/lists by name/date etc…it’s how humans read!
5. Please update the word processor – (maybe sublicence one?) – the word processors random use of fonts and tabs, as well as hanging for no reason…I much prefer to type in Google Docs and paste in
6. Make it easier to get data into the system, a typeform like process to allow data input from patients when booking, or allowing say hashtagging to autoadd to the problem list from free text typing. Doctors and data entry are poor bedfellows and better data will allow better patient care.
7. Electronic signatures, linked to your password
8. Integrate prescription module with PRODA, allowing us to never use the wasteful authority line again – saves time and money (and also more compatible with telehealth – can’t be on the phone to two people at once). As an aside, if anyone from the Department of Health is listening, please:
convert all authority prescriptions to streamlined authorities
linked to patients medicare number, doctors prescriber number, pharmacists dispensing number
make 95% of authority staff redundant
re-employ the top 5% and task them with monitoring live feeds of prescribing
This would be an awesome way of improving prescribing in pretty much every way.
9. use the bird screen to have icons that link to frequently used functions eg link to practitioner billings report per day
10. Use the real estate on screen, so many useful indicators could be inserted (see DCP)
11. Native support for two screens – would help with CDM greatly
12. Improve the built in document viewer…it’s the same vintage as the word processor
13. Improve emailing from BP, seems to choke on images/long emails. Kudos on this feature though, even in its current form, it is a game changer in COVID times.
14. Build in secure messaging! Like email, I want to know when my messages ARENT delivered. The beginnings are there, just needs a bit more attention to UX to build trust.
15. Put an extra tab in the reports tab list – new/old/FAVOURITES!
16. have ONE button upload to MyHealthRecord, current integration is a little painful (typical user experience pictured below).
17. Improve MyHealthRecord integration please, it seems Healthi might be on a winner here!
Thank you, Best Practice, for a great product, we truly couldn’t do what we do without it, and thank you in advance for the improvements you will make moving forward! You have my contact details, would love to work together to improve what we do.
Looking forward to hearing you with Peter Birch on Talking HealthTech!
PartridgeGP pride ourselves on great communication and we’re ready to share our professional skills and knowledge with you. This is only MORE important now, in the time of a global pandemic with a new vaccine on the horizon. The way forward is clear: make your appointment with us conveniently online right here – or call our friendly reception team on 82953200.
Better, for you.
Photo by Miguel u00c1. Padriu00f1u00e1n on Pexels.com
For everyone, we believe that having a usual GP or General Practice is central to each person’s care and recommend that people with any health issues that come to the attention of other health professionals should be advised to attend their usual GP or General Practice rather than a specialised service (ie a place not providing the holistic care a specialist GP would). If they say that they don’t have a usual GP or general practice, they should be helped to find one and to actually attend it. Call PartridgeGP on 82953200 or make an appointment online here.
(Hat tip: Dr Oliver Frank)
Photo by Miguel u00c1. Padriu00f1u00e1n on Pexels.com
If you’re employed, get a side hustle and get into business. If you’ve already got a business, get a network. Want to get started? Find your tribe here!
If you are a great GP or a great Allied Health Professional, and you want to serve your clients or patients to the best of your ability, without worrying about all the non clinical things that get in your way, lets talk. Call Mrs Hayley Roberts on 8295 3200 and have a coffee and chat with us as to how PartridgeGP can help you to help others.
2 thoughts on “better”
Thank you for putting together this list Dr Tellis.
WIlliam Durnford – Best Pracitce Software
Cheers William, feel free to touch base anytime!